Generating the Socedo Tracking Pixel
Tracking Pixel Overview
A tracking pixel sits in the background of a webpage, invisible to the person on it. When someone clicks on a link sent on Twitter through Socedo, they receive a Socedo cookie.
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in the user’s web browser. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember important information (i.e. such as items added in the shopping cart in an online store) or to record a user’s browsing activity (including clicking particular buttons, logging in, or recording which pages were visited in the past).
When that person then goes to a page with a Socedo tracking pixel installed or interacts with a specified element on the page while they have the cookie from clicking on the link, the pixel activates. This communication allows Socedo to keep track of whether or not people are completing calls to action.
Generating your pixel
- Click the prospects tab in the Socedo App
- Click the edit automation subtab
- In the sidebar, click create and install a tracking pixel.
- The pixel for the campaign will generate, but it won’t do you any good without installation!
- In the now open Installing the Socedo Tracking Pixel window, select the type of conversion you wish to track. (Note: If you select In-Page conversion, you will also need to input the element ID.)
- The proper code block for this conversion type will automatically generate.
- If you have the administrative access to edit the code on your landing pages, you can select Copy Code and paste it yourself. If not, you can use the email function to send instructions and the code to someone who can.