The Socedo Hubspot integration is the easiest way to start sending emails and following up with your social leads. Once connected, Socedo will export all new leads and their social engagements with your brand to your Hubspot instance each day. You can customize which leads are exported on daily basis and how they integrate into your Hubspot instance. Using this data, you can configure sophisticated nurture and lead scoring programs and integrate social lead generation within your existing marketing and sales activities.
In order to integrate Socedo with Hubspot you must meet the following requirements:
- A Socedo account (only premium & enterprise will sync nightly by default)
- A Hubspot account (any paid or free version)
- Privileges to read/write contacts within Hubspot
Step 1: Hubspot Authentication
- Log in to your Hubspot instance
- Get your Hub Id from the top right corner of your Hubspot dashboard
- Login to Socedo and navigate to the “Lead Export” tab
- Click the button “Connect a Hubspot Account” and enter your Hub Id
- Once you have entered your Hub ID click the button “Connect a Hubspot Account” again
- Hubspot will display an Authorization screen like the one below requesting permissions to grant to the Socedo App
- Click “Authorize” to grant Socedo permission to read and write lead data to Hubspot. You will then be redirected back to the Socedo app. Please continue to Section 2 of this document to customize and initialize your integration.
Step 2: One-time Setup in Socedo
1. After authorizing Socedo as shown in Section 1 you will be redirected to the Hubspot Settings in Socedo. Here you can customize your Hubspot integration settings to best fit your business needs (Picture below).
You can configure Socedo to export specific types of leads. The options are:
- Approved leads: This includes all prospects that been approved in Socedo.
- Followers only: This includes only leads that followed you after being approved.
- Export Organic Leads: These are leads that have naturally engaged with your brand on Twitter. (Feature only available in Premium and Enterprise Plans).
You can also select how to export your leads:
- Create new only: Only creates leads that are do not match an existing email address in your Hubspot account.
Create or update: Will create new leads or update leads that match an existing email address in Hubspot with any missing data like Twitter handle or LinkedIn Url
2. After reviewing and editing your configurations click “Save” to either initiate a sample sync if you have matching leads or enable the sync for when you generate some.3
Step 3: Sample Sync and Marketo Configuration
a. Once you have customized your configuration (Section 1.2) Socedo will attempt to upload a sample of leads to your Hubspot instance to ensure lead data is flowing properly. If you have lead data that matches your configuration Socedo will upload this data within a few hours. If not, it will be uploaded within 24 hours of when you first generate those matching leads. After the first set of leads is uploaded, you will be notified via email so you can review the contacts in Hubspot. This email will also contain any action items regarding your pricing plan within Socedo and information about taking advantage of historical leads. Socedo will automatically sync on a daily basis from here on unless you Disconnect your Hubspot account within the Hubspot settings pane.
b. Congrats you have successfully integrated your Socedo account to Hubspot! If you have questions please refer to our FAQ
How It Works
Socedo Lead to Hubspot Contact Data Mapping
Table 1 shows how Socedo lead data will map into Hubspot when creating a new contact or updating an already existing contact.
|Socedo Label||MarketoFriendly Label|
|Twitter Handle||Twitter Handle|
|Twitter Bio||Twitter Bio|
|Follower Count||Follower Count|
|First Name||First Name|
|Last Name||Last Name|
|Company Name||Comapny Name|
|Job Title||Job Title|
|Socedo Lead Stage||Socedo Lead Stage (see table below)|
|Twitter Profile Photo||Twitter Profile Photo|
|Number Employees||Number of Employees|
|Klout Score General||Klout Score General|
|Linked In Bio||Linked In Bio|
Socedo Activity to Hubspot Note Mapping
Table 2 shows how Socedo will map lead activities into the timeline of each contact in Hubspot as notes.
Twitter FollowbackSocedo: Followed back @[Twitter Handle]
|Socedo Lead Activity||Hubspot Contact Note|
|Twitter DM Sent||Socedo: DM sent @[Twitter Handle]|
|Twitter DM Responded||Socedo: Responded to @[Twitter Handle]’s DM|
|Twitter DM Link click||Socedo: Clicked on @[Twitter Handle]’s DM|
|Twitter Converted||Socedo: Converted to @[Twitter Handle]’s goal|
|Twitter Followed||Socedo: Followed @[Twitter Handle]|
|Twitter Organic Mention||Socedo: @[Twitter Handle] mentioned you|
|Twitter Organic Reply||Socedo: @[Twitter Handle] Replied to you|
|Twitter Organic Retweet||Socedo: @[Twitter Handle] ReTweeted you|
Socedo Lead Stage to Hubspot Contact Property Mapping
Table 3 this table shows how Socedo will map lead stage into the custom “Socedo Lead Stage” property in Hubspot. This property will appear on the contact card.
|Socedo Lead Stage||Socedo Lead Stage Property in Hubspot|
|Twitter DM Sent||DM Sent|
|Twitter DM Responded||DM Responded|
|Twitter DM Link click||DM Link click|
How do I view Socedo Leads only in Hubspot?
In order to view Socedo leads only within your Hubspot account first visit “Contacts” tab in Hubspot. Next click on “Contact Property” on left hand side menu.
Next click on dropdown menu to select a property and search for “Socedo Lead Stage”. Click on the Socedo Lead Stage Property.
On the next menu of radio buttons select the “Is known” property. This will display all Socedo leads imported to your Hubspot instance.
How do I view the Socedo lead activities in the contact timeline?
a. To view Socedo lead activity information visit the Contacts tab within Hubspot and click on any Socedo lead to view the contact. The contact timeline is located on the right hand side; there you will find the Socedo lead activity as “New note Socedo: [Lead activity] [your handle] “.
b. If your Hubspot instance does not display the contact timeline shown above, you must enable Hubspot CRM free add-on to gain access to this feature. To activate the CRM, visit the “Settings” under your account avatar.
c. Next click “Products & Add-ons” on the left side panel. This menu will display all Add-Ons available. To enable Hubspot CRM simply click Get CRM.
d. This will enable CRM in your contact cards and display the contact timeline. The Socedo lead statuses will now be display as a “Note” under the contacts timeline (picture below).