Now that we have that settled, we can get on with our picks for the best production switchers. We separated our picks by application, so scroll down and be sure to let us know whether you agree or disagree with our picks in the comments below.
10 Best production switchers to Buy This Year
As part of our thorough testing, each product is subjected to multi-point performance analysis to rank the most important features that users, in our opinion, want to learn more about. More than 12 different analyses are performed on each production switchers, and the results are compared. Our evaluation also uses extensive research and observations from various experts to develop a thorough understanding of use and functionality. Our study on [replace keyword] makes use of more than 12 rating metrics, such as:
- Ease of Use
- Warranty Policy
- Return Policy
1. Blackmagic Design ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K Live Production Switcher with 6ft Power Cord and 5 Pack of Solid Signal Cable Ties (SWATEMTVSTU/PRO4K)
- FEATURE RICH: 8 independent 12G-SDI inputs with re-sync and full standards conversion, DVE, Fairlight audio mixer with parametric EQ and compressor/limiter, media store with motion clips, talkback, multiview and more.
- COMPATIBILITY: Built in with camera control. Software panel included. Supports optional broadcast panel. Compatible with ATEM 1 M/E Advanced Panel, ATEM 2 M/E Advanced Panel and ATEM 4 M/E Advanced Panel. ATEM Software Control Panel included free for Mac 10.12 Sierra or Mac 10.13 High Sierra or later and Windows 8.1 64-bit or Windows 10 64?bit.
- INPUTS: 8 X BNC, 12G/HD/SD-SDI; 2 x 3-Pin XLR, Audio; 1 x BNC, Reference; 1 x RJ-45, Ethernet; 1 x USB 2.0 Type B.
- OUTPUTS: 8 x BNC, 12G/HD/SD-SDI; 1 x BNC, Auxiliary; 1 x BNC, Program; 1 x BNC, MultiView; 1 x HDMI Type A, MultiView; 1 x 1/4″ Stereo Headphone; 1 x D-Sub, RS-422.
- INCLUDES: ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K Live Production Switcher (SWATEMTVSTU/PRO4K), 6ft black power cord and 5-pack of Solid Signal Cable Ties.
Additional Info :
2. FEELWORLD LIVEPRO L1 V1 Multi Camera Video Mixer Switcher 2 Inch LCD Display 4 x HDMI Inputs USB 3.0 Output Format Real Time Production Live Streaming Lightweight
- 【Multi Camera Live Production】 L1 V1 with 4 HDMI inputs and 1 HDMI output, all of them support 1080p. For live streaming, there is a USB3.0 interface. Simply connect L1 V1 and you can switch live between 4 high quality video camera inputs for dramatically better quality images.
- 【Live Stream by Single Person】The L1 V1 is smaller and simpler product, which is with simple and compact design, rich special effects switching function, the screw hole can be fixed the switcher on the tripod. Live streaming and multi signal control will be simpler and easier done by single person. You can choose to set any of them as preview or PGM as you like.
- 【Faster Video Production】The USB 3.0 output of L1 V1 connects to any computer and looks like a built in webcam, so all streaming software for social media platforms work! With up to 4 HDMI inputs you can set up multiple camera angles. Or you can connect to a computer with a PowerPoint slide show, video clip playback, websites or gaming consoles. All switching is in real time.
- 【Add Exciting Video Effects】It can preview real-time monitoring on 6 pictures, including PGM, PST and 4-channel HDMI input signals, and the audio column is displayed. You can choose the transition effect you want from SW button.
- 【Remote Operation】After connecting the LAN port to the computer, not extra software need to be installed, the software XPOSE holds on the computer, the operation is same as the switcher.【Package Include】1× 1.5A Adaptor, 1× USB 3.0 Cable, 1× Manual.
3. Blackmagic Design ATEM Production Studio 4K, 8 Video Input, 6 Video Output, 110-240VAC Input Voltage
- Blackmagic Design ATEM Production Studio 4K – Original Box
- Professional Live Coverage: Push the standards of live content production beyond broadcast quality! Ultra HD 4K cameras, projectors and super large screens at live events are new opportunities for content creation
- Incredible Ultra HD 4K: Ultra HD 4K is 4 times the resolution of 1080HD video at a massive 3840 x 2160 frame size! The new super fast 6G-SDI and HDMI 4K video connections effortlessly handle Ultra HD 4K so you can easily connect to equipment using a single cable
- Elegant and Compact Design: The ATEM Production Studio 4K features an elegant machined aluminum front panel that includes buttons to select sources for auxiliary output and a built in LCD that shows the live status of this output
- Software and Hardware Control: ATEM Production Studio 4K includes the beautifully designed ATEM Software Control Panel for both Mac and Windows that gives you complete control of your switcher from a laptop or desktop computer
Additional Info :
4. Blackmagic Design ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K Live Production Switcher
- Total Video Inputs: 8
- Total Outputs: 12; Total Aux Outputs: 1
- SDI Rates: 1.5G, 3G, 6G, 12G
- Total Audio Inputs: 2 x XLR; 1 x Microphone
- Total Audio Outputs: 1 x Headphone
Additional Info :
5. Sony MCX-500 4-Input Global Production Streaming/Recording Switcher
- Smart controls with configurable LCD touchscreen
- Mix between 8 video sources + 1 Title
- Multi-view Monitoring
- Advanced Titles and Effects
- Audio Mixing Including XLR
Additional Info :
6. TY-1500HD Switcher Control Panel Vmix Video Recording 4K Virtual Studio Recording Switcher for Live Broadcast Production New Media YouTube Ins
- Adopt integrated hardware design,fully embedded system, simple structure, integrated guide switching, resource recording, network live broadcast, mixer, PTZ control and stunt transition.
- Support selectable PGM/PVW 4 groups of 12 downstream key settings. Support 12-channel PGM and PVW switching preview.
- Support matching with Tianying 4K fusion media virtual studio system to realize the push-pull swing and rocker effect of the virtual machine position.
- Support 4-channel wired/wireless PTZ camera preset position and camera position panning and aperture zoom.
- Supporting the Tianying live broadcast system to achieve fade in and fade out, flying windows, sliding images, push and pull and 2-way Stinger animation transition.
7. Blackmagic Design ATEM 1 M/E Constellation HD Live Production Switcher (1 RU) Bundle with 6′ Standard PC Power Cord and 50′ SDI Video Cable – BNC to BNC
- Supports 3G/HD-SDI at 10-Bit
- Up to 16-Multiview Monitoring Windows
- Frame Rate/Format Converter per Input
- 4 x Upstream, 1 x Downstream Keyer
- Color/Pattern Generators
8. Blackmagic Design ATEM Mini Pro ISO Live Production Switcher – with Kramer USB-C 3.1 Gen-1 to USB-A Female Adapter Cable, Kramer Standard HDMI (M) to HDMI (M) Cable, 6′
- ATEM Mini Pro ISO Live Production Switcher – External 12V DC Power Supply with International Socket Adapters – Blackmagic Design 1 Year Limited Warranty – Kramer Electronics USB-C 3.1 Gen-1 to USB-A Female Adapter Cable – Kramer Electronics Standard HDMI (M) to HDMI (M) Cable, 6′
- Total Video Inputs: 4
- Total Outputs: 2
- Total Aux Outputs: 1
- Total Audio Inputs: 2x 3.5mm stereo mini jack
Additional Info :
9. Blackmagic Design ATEM Mini Live Production Switcher Pro – Atem Mini Pro for Mac, Kramer HDMI (M) to HDMI (M) Cable (6′), Cat5e 350Mhz Snagless Patch Cable Black (25′), USB Cable (3.3′)
- ATEM Mini Live Production Switcher Pro – External 12V Power Supply with Locking Connector and International Socket Adapters – ATEM Software Control Panel – Blackmagic Design 1 Year Limited Warranty – Kramer Electronics Standard HDMI (M) to HDMI (M) Cable – 6′ – 25′ Cat5e 350Mhz Snagless Patch Cable – Black – StarTech USB 3.1 Type-C Male to USB Type-C Male Cable – 3.3′
- Faster Video Production Plus Live Streaming
- Self Contained Broadcast Quality Switcher
- Easy to Use and Fast to Learn
- Connect up to 4 Independent Cameras
Additional Info :
10. Sony MCX-500 8-Input 4-Video Channel Global Production Streaming/Recording Switcher (MCX-500) + Pro Headphones + Surge Protector + 64GB Extreme Pro Card + Network Cable + Deluxe Cleaning Kit + More
- Bundle Includes: 1 x Sony MCX-500 8-Input 4-Video Channel Global Production Streaming/Recording Switcher, 1 x Sony MDR-7506 Hreadphones, 1 x Belkin 12-Outlet Home/Office Surge Protector, 1 x SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO UHS-I SDXC Memory Card, 1 x Ethernet Cable, 1 x Deluxe Cleaning Set, 1 x HDMI Cable, 1 x 6 Assorted Color Velcro Straps
- VERSATILE: Sony’s MCX-500 8-Input 4-Video Channel Global Production Streaming/Recording Switcher is much more than just a portable 8-input switcher. It is a global system that supports both 60 and 50 Hz production formats, so you can work with it virtually anywhere in the world.
- CONNECTED: Four 3G-SDI inputs, two HDMI, and two composite (CVBS) inputs each feature a discrete frame synchronizer, allowing you to mix input sources. The unit internally processes the input footage at 1080i.
- EASY TO USE: The MCX-500 combines a manual control surface with a touchscreen LCD that you can control locally or from a networked device. As you would expect from a professional mixer, cut, mix, wipe, and key effects are built into the unit.
- KEY FEATURES: 8 x Primary, 1 x Title Input Switcher – NTSC/PAL, HD Input Supported – Individual Frame Synchronizer per Input – Internal 1080i Processing – Hardware Buttons and LCD Touchscreen – Cut, Mix, Wipe, and Keyer Effects – Built-In Live Streaming Encoder – Record Program to SD Card Slot in AVCHD – Built-In Audio Mixer – Mac, PC, and Tablet Integration
Additional Info :
Buying Guide for production switchers
There are lots of things to consider when buying a production switchers. You need to find out what’s best for you and ensure you’re getting the best value for your money.
Here are some tips on how to choose the right production switchers for your needs:
- Research different production switchers
- Read reviews and compare features
- Check out the warranty and returns policies of different retailers
- Look at the quality of materials and construction
- Check the price against what you need
- How much will it cost to maintain the product
When deciding what production switchers to buy, it’s important to consider your needs and the quality of the production switchers on offer.
You may need an item for one specific purpose, or you may want to buy something that will last for years and be useful in many different situations.
Think about how often you’ll use the product and how much you can afford to spend on it. If you’re buying a new phone but only have £20 to spend, you might have to opt for a cheaper model than your unlimited budget.
Quality of products on offer
Consider their reputation, reliability, and prices if several companies sell similar production switchers. Consider customer reviews and recommendations from friends and family before making your choice. Look at websites such as Which? Trusted Traders or TrustPilot, where people can rate companies anonymously so they can see what others think of them before placing an order with them yourself.
Consider your budget
The important thing to consider when choosing a production switchers is how much money you have to spend on it. This can be one of the trickiest parts of the process, as there are many different types of products, each with its price tag attached.
When something costs more than another brand or type of production switchers, does it justify the price? If you can find an identical item at a lower cost, consider why it’s cheaper. Is it still a reliable product? Does it have any disadvantages that would outweigh paying less? Sometimes paying less isn’t always better and spending more on a quality product is worth it in the long run.
Brand names are important when choosing a production switchers because they indicate that the manufacturer has invested time and money into developing this item and wants people to know about it. This could mean they use higher-quality materials or offer more features than other similar production switchers on the market. However, sometimes a brand name can be misleading — companies will often use celebrities or famous people who don’t even know they’re endorsing their production switchers! Make sure that you do your research before choosing a brand name over