Buying the best modem router combo is pretty simple, but choosing the right one for you isn’t necessarily easy, especially when considering just how many options are out there. To help you out, we did all the research out there, considering the various types, quality, and features available. During the analysis of this product, we considered all the important factors. Keep reading to learn more about the research factors and our top 10 picks of modem router combo so you can easily buy one.
10 Best modem router combo to Buy This Year
Our team members have a strong background in the modem router combo industry. We began this study by considering the most important aspects of an modem router combo. To rate each product, our research regime puts each modem router combo through multi-point performance analysis. We subjected each modem router combo to over 10 individual metrics research to find the best modem router combo out there.
Our research of modem router combo covers these metrics:
- Product Quality
- The design
- Materials used to build
- The price of modem router combo
- Strength and durability
- Characteristics of the product
- Products value for money
- Products versatility
- Is it user-friendly?
- Products functionality
- User Feedback
- Size and weight
- Warranty policy, and many more.
The most important metric for modem router combo is product quality. We believe this is the most important thing to get the best modem router combo, so we give it a higher weighting than other test metrics. In addition to the experience of our researchers and user feedback, we also utilize information from our extensive product research to compare each modem router combo performance.
1. Motorola MG7700 Modem WiFi Router Combo with Power Boost | Approved by Comcast Xfinity, Cox and Spectrum | for Cable Plans Up to 800 Mbps | DOCSIS 3.0 + Gigabit Router
- Fast 24×8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable Modem Plus a built-in AC1900 Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, power boost Wi-Fi amplifiers, firewall security, and more. The maximum modem speed is 1000 Mbps, supporting service speeds up to 650.
- Eliminate up to 156 dollars per year in cable Modem rental fees. (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) certified by all leading cable service providers including Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter spectrum (no cable Modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
- Built-in high-speed router with AC1900 wireless and Power boost – Provides internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, and more. 4 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers and other Ethernet-capable devices. A Broadcom cable Modem Chipset provides security from denial of service attacks.
- Wireless power boost for better speed and range – Adds high-performance Wi-Fi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant Boost in speed and range. In addition, anybeam Performing at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range
Additional Info :
2. Netgear Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo C7000-Compatibility Cable Providers including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox (Renewed)
- input voltage：120 -240V
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and Cable bundled voice services
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C7000 replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to $150/yr in equipment rental fees. System Requirements Cable broadband Internet service, Check your cable Internet service provider web site for data speed tier compatibility, Not compatible with Cable bundled voice services, Microsoft Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
- BUILT FOR FAST SPEED: Best for cable provider plans up to 400 Mbps speed
- FAST Wi Fi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 1800 sq ft wireless coverage and 30 devices connected with AC1900 speed (up to 1900 Mbps)
- VERSATILE CONNECTIONS: 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 USB ports give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices
- MODEM TECHNOLOGY: Engineered with 24×8 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0
- SAFE & SECURE: Includes parental controls, and supports WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols
Additional Info :
3. NETGEAR Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo C6300 | Compatible with Cable Providers Including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox for Cable Plans Up to 400Mbps | AC1750 WiFi Speed | DOCSIS 3.0
- Coverage up to 1,600 sq. ft. for up to 25 devices with AC1750 speed (up to 1750Mbps)
- Speeds by carrier: Xfinity (up to 300Mbps), Spectrum (up to 400Mbps), Cox (up to 250Mbps). NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service
- Replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees
- Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and more with 4 x 1G Ethernet ports
- Share a storage drive with any connected device using the 2.0 USB port
- Ideal for Xfinity Internet Blast and Extreme Customers, and Time Warner MAXX Customers (up to Ultimate 300 plans)
- The first AC1750 16×4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router
- AC1750 WiFi Router and DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem in one – from the #1 best selling home WiFi router company
- Up to 680 Mbps download speed for streaming 4K and HD videos, blazing fast downloads, and high speed online gaming
- Supports 16 download channels & 4 upload channels providing efficient and reliable Internet access even during peak hours
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES – Approximately $120/year savings
- Certified to work with cable Internet providers like Comcast XFINITY, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Cablevision, Bright House Networks, and more (Not compatible with Cable bundled voice services)
- Not yet certified for Charter – in process and expected soon
Additional Info :
4. ARRIS SURFboard SBG10 DOCSIS 3.0 16 x 4 Gigabit Cable Modem & AC1600 Wi-Fi Router | Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Spectrum | Two 1 Gbps Ports | 400 Mbps Max Internet Speeds | SURFboard App | 2 Year Warranty
- Connector Type : Coaxial cable, ethernet,WiFi
- 3 products in 1: DOCSIS 3 0 Cable Modem, AC1600 dual-band Wi-Fi Router, 2 Port Gigabit Ethernet Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Wi-Fi 5 AC1600 dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi Router with 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Setup and manage your network with the SURFboard Manager app
- Compatible with major U S Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others. Cable internet service required. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers
- 16 downstream & 4 upstream channels. Best for cable internet service plans up to 400 Mbps.
Additional Info :
5. NETGEAR Cable Modem Wi-Fi Router Combo C6250 – Compatible with All Cable Providers Including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox | for Cable Plans Up to 300 Mbps | AC1600 Wi-Fi Speed | DOCSIS 3.0
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C6250 replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- SPEEDS BY CARRIER: Spectrum (up to 300Mbps), Xfinity (up to 300Mbps), Cox (up to 250Mbps).
- FAST WiFi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 1500 sq ft wireless coverage and 25 devices connected with AC1600 speed (up to 1600 Mbps).
- VERSATILE CONNECTIONS: 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB port give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices.
- MODEM TECHNOLOGY: Engineered with 16×4 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0.
- SAFE & SECURE: Includes parental controls, and supports WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols.
Additional Info :
6. Netgear C6250-100NAS AC1600 (16×4) WiFi Cable Modem Router Combo (C6250) DOCSIS 3.0 Certified for Xfinity Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, More (Renewed)
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, CableONE & more
- Three-in-one DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + AC1600 WiFi Router+ 2 Gigabit Wired Switch
- Up to 680Mbps modem speed and Dual-Band AC1600 (2.4GHz & 5GHz) WiFi speed. 16×4 channel bonding/ Approved for plans up to 300 Mbps
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 16x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- NETGEASR Genie App +Content filtering Parental Controls allow you to easily manage your network from your Mobile device.Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
- Ideal for streaming HD content, fastest downloads, and high-speed online gaming. System Requirements:Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux. Use laptop with 3×3 450 Mbps adapter like centrino 6300/5300 for maximum performance
Additional Info :
7. NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem with Built-in WiFi 6 Router (CAX80) – Compatible with All Major Cable Providers incl. Xfinity, Spectrum, Cox | Cable Plans Up to 6Gbps | AX6000 WiFi 6 speed | DOCSIS 3.1
- COMPATIBLE WITH MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including Xfinity, Spectrum, Cox, and more. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service
- BUILT FOR ULTIMATE SPEED: Best for cable provider plans up to 6Gbps
- FAST WIFI 6 PERFORMANCE: Up to 3,000 sq. ft. wireless coverage with dual-band WiFi 6 (AX6000) speed (up to 6Gbps)
- VERSATILE CONNECTIONS: One 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port, 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and one USB 3.0 port give fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices
- MODEM TECHNOLOGY: DOCSIS 3.1 and 32×8 channel bonding
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees
- NETGEAR Armor protects your family’s WiFi with an automatic shield of security across all your connected devices with a 30-day free trial
- SAFE AND SECURE: Supports WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols
Additional Info :
8. NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 (24×8) DOCSIS 3.0 WiFi Cable Modem Router Combo (C7000) for Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, more (Renewed)
Additional Info :
9. ARRIS SURFboard SBG8300 DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem & AC2350 Wi-Fi Router | Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Spectrum & more | Four 1 Gbps Ports | 1 Gbps Max Internet Speeds | 4 OFDM Channels 2 Year Warranty
- Connector Type : Coaxial cable, ethernet,WiFi. Maximum Range : 1800 Sq Ft
- 3 products in 1: DOCSIS 3 1 Cable Modem, AC2350 Dual band Wi-Fi, 4 port Gigabit Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Compatible with major U S Cable Internet Providers including CableOne/ Sparkligh, Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Grande Communicatio, Mediacom, RCN, Service Electric, Spectrum (Charter, TWC, BHN), Wave Broadband, WOW. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers
- 32 downstream x 8 upstream DOCSIS channels, 2 downstream x 2 upstream DOCSIS 3 1 OFDM channels Best for cable internet speed plans up to 4 Gbps. Cable internet service required
- Wave 2 AC2350 dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi Router with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Setup and manage your network with the SURFboard Manager app Add SURFboard skills to your Alexa network for voice management of your Wi-Fi settings
Additional Info :
10. MOTOROLA MG7540 16×4 Cable Modem Plus AC1600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with DFS, 686 Mbps Maximum DOCSIS 3.0 – Approved by Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter Spectrum, More
- 16×4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in AC1600 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewall, and more. This product is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 375 Mbps. A Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks.
- Requires cable Internet service. Approved by Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, BrightHouse, WOW., CableOne, RCN, Mediacom and other cable service providers. Eliminate cable modem rental fees up to 168 dollars per year. (Savings are shown for Xfinity and vary by provider). Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink and other fiber optic, DSL or satellite services. Model MG7540 does not have a phone jack. This model cannot be used for making or receiving telephone calls.
- Built-in high-speed Wi-Fi router with AC1600 Wi-Fi provides Internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, game stations, HDTVs, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and AppleTV. 4 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers, HDTVs, game stations, streaming TV devices, and other Ethernet-capable devices.
- The router can work on WiFi DFS frequencies, unlike most routers, so it is much less vulnerable to WiFi interference from neighbors. AnyBeam beamforming at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range.
- Integrating the cable modem and router creates a reliable connection that reduces unwieldy wiring and power adapter clutter while conserving desk space. The vertical design minimizes shelf space and improves cooling while looking great in any home or office. A 2-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment.
Additional Info :
Things to Look Before Buying modem router combo
There are a few factors to consider before purchasing modem router combo. First, you need to buy only what is beneficial for you. Second, the product quality should be more than satisfactory. Third, the price should be affordable. There are so many options available on the market, each of which has different features. Some are made from high-quality materials, while some are just not good enough to be used for a long time. It is very important to get the best one for your needs.
The following will help you know what to look for when buying modem router combo:
- Quality of the product: Check the material used for making it. The material should be strong and durable enough to last long.
- How much will it last: Once you have bought something, it might not be easy to replace it with a new one when something goes wrong with the old one. So, ensure the product is durable enough to last longer than expected.
- Its brand reputation: It’s important to consider buying from a reputed brand, as they usually offer better quality products at reasonable prices than other brands.
- User’s review: Read user reviews before buying any product online. This will help you decide whether or not it’s worth your money and time.
Here are a few more considerations that you need to know:
The design of your modem router combo is also important because it helps make it easy to work with and looks attractive and appealing to the eye. It should be attractive and eye-catching. If it is not attractive, then there is no use in buying that thing. You need to look at every minute detail while checking it out. If you get a design that does not match your taste or preference, it can ruin the overall needs rather than what you want it to be. It is therefore important that when looking for designs for your new modem router combo, choose one that matches your taste and your needs so that they complement each other well instead of clashing with each other or, even worse, ruin your needs completely!
What features do you need?
The product’s features are the second thing you must consider when buying modem router combo. This can be tricky because many different types of products with different features are available in the market today. Therefore, if you want something specific in your product, make sure it has those features before making any purchase. If possible, try out each product before buying one so that you can see whether or not it meets all your requirements or not!
When buying modem router combo, quality is extremely important. You want something that will last and not break after using it a few times. It won’t be worth your money and time if you buy something that breaks easily or doesn’t work well. So, research what brands have good products with high-quality materials that can handle heavy use without breaking down easily.
Price of the product
The fourth thing to consider when buying modem router combo is its price. Of course, you must be careful because buying something too expensive can be hard on your budget. However, if it’s too cheap, there might be something wrong with it, or they could sell fake products. Be sure to look up prices before making any purchases to ensure it’s within your budget!
You need to know how much money you want to spend on modem router combo before going out and shopping for it. This is because different prices mean that different options are available to you. You can only get what you can afford, so set a realistic budget and stick with it. If your budget is high enough, go ahead and buy the most expensive option available, but if not, try to find one that will fit your budget constraints while still performing well enough for your needs.
The durability of the modem router combo can be affected by the materials used to make it and how well it is constructed. If you want your modem router combo to last for a long time, then make sure it is built using good quality materials. The material should also withstand wear and tear, so it doesn’t break easily.
Next up is brand reputation. Some brands have been around for many years and have proven trustworthy, reliable, and consistent in their manufacturing processes over time. Suppose you buy modem router combo from a popular brand. In that case, chances are you will get good service if there’s ever an issue with your purchase because they know how important their reputation is among consumers looking for quality products at affordable prices. They want to keep it that way!
Check for warranties and guarantees
When you buy modem router combo, you should check for any warranties or guarantees that come with the item. Some companies provide warranties for their products, while others give customers refunds if they’re not satisfied with their purchase within 30 days. This way, if you buy a defective product or there’s an issue with it after using it for some time, there are ways to get something done without spending more money on something else.