Now that we have that settled, we can get on with our picks for the best marine two way radios. We separated our picks by application, so scroll down and be sure to let us know whether you agree or disagree with our picks in the comments below.
10 Best marine two way radios to Buy This Year
As part of our thorough testing, each product is subjected to multi-point performance analysis to rank the most important features that users, in our opinion, want to learn more about. More than 12 different analyses are performed on each marine two way radios, and the results are compared. Our evaluation also uses extensive research and observations from various experts to develop a thorough understanding of use and functionality. Our study on [replace keyword] makes use of more than 12 rating metrics, such as:
- Ease of Use
- Warranty Policy
- Return Policy
1. Uniden Atlantis 155 Handheld Two-Way VHF Marine Radio, Floating IPX7 Submersible Waterproof, Dual-Color Screen, All USA/International/Canadian Marine Channels, NOAA Weather Alert, 10 Hour Battery
- The Atlantis 155’s submersible, Floating Handheld design allows you to stay secure and connected while having fun on the water.
- With the Largest LCD screen in its class 25mm (h) x 40mm (w), and Paper White Backlight display for Day Time, and Red Backlight display for Night Time, it’s the radio you won’t leave shore without.
- When every inch of space count, you still want the important features that will keep you safe at sea. The Atlantis 155 doesn’t sacrifice big features to keep its profile small.
- It Floats, meets the toughest Waterproof standards IPX8 / JIS8, and even clears its speaker of water after being submerged. And with its compact size it’s never far away when you need to stay in touch the most.
- Receives all Marine Radio Channels, including all USA, Canada, and International Marine VHF channels (includes the new 4-digit channels and Canadian “B” channels) and receives all NOAA Weather Channels and Alerts
- NiMH Rechargeable 4xAAA, 950mAh NiMH rechargeable batteries and DC charging cable included. 3 Watt Transmit Power with user selectable 3W or 1W Transmit power. 3 Year Warranty and Full 3 year Waterproof Warranty.
- How can we help? Uniden Customer Support web site is designed to conveniently walk you through product setup and troubleshooting, Web site: https://uniden.com/pages/support-1 . Contact customer support at email: email@example.com or phone: 1-800-297-1023
Additional Info :
2. Uniden Atlantis 275 Handheld Two-Way VHF Marine Radio, Floating IPX8 Submersible Waterproof, Large Dual-Color Screen, 6-Watt, All USA/International/Canadian Marine Channels, NOAA Weather Alerts
- The Atlantis 275 comes with 6 Watts of Big-Ocean Power in a compact Submersible Floating Handheld VHF Marine Radio, and even includes an Emergency Strobe Light and built-in Flashlight Feature.
- With the Largest LCD screen in its class 25mm (h) x 40mm (w), and Paper White Backlight display for Day Time and Red Backlight display for Night Time, it’s the radio you won’t leave shore without.
- Built to throw in your pocket or tuck away on deck, its compact size is never far away when you need to stay in touch the most.
- It Floats, meets the toughest Waterproof standards IPX8 / JIS8, and even clears its speaker of water after being submerged. 6 Watt Transmit Power, with User selectable 6W, 2.5W, or 1W Transmit power.
- Receives all Marine Radio Channels, including all USA, Canada, and International Marine VHF channels (includes the new 4-digit channels and Canadian “B” channels) and receives all NOAA Weather Channels and Alerts.
- Includes Built-in Lion battery pack, AC & DC charging cables, and charging cradle. 3 Year Warranty and Full 3 year Waterproof Warranty.
Additional Info :
3. Retevis RM01 Handheld Marine Radio,Marine Two-Way Radios,USB Charging,Floating IPX7 Waterproof,NOAA Weather Alert,Ship to Shore Radio for Boats(1 Pack)
- Super waterproof performance; IP67 waterproof; quickly floating on the water surface after falling into the water
- Fast charge and long service life; RM01 marine radio is compatible with 5 AAA Ni-MH batteries(included); packaged with AC charger and DC charger; make your charge easier and faster
- Small size and strong body shell; strong salt spray resistance and corrosion resistance; very suitable for use in harsh environments at sea; such as beach security; fishing boat; sailing club; etc
- More channel choices; RM01 two way radio has 88 channels; which can meet your needs for different channel
- Complete functions and simple operation; you can directly set the functions through a few buttons; without using a computer
- Weather channel and weather alert; can help you get weather information in advance and ensure the safety of personal and vessels
- Dual watch/tri-watch; watch in turns among the current channel; channel 16 and call channel; and it can connect to shore timely and smoothly while facing unexpected situations
Additional Info :
4. Standard Horizon HX890 Handheld VHF Navy Blue – Floating 6 Watt Class H DSC Two Way Radio
- HX890 comes packaged with all the accesories including the rechargeable Li-Ion battery, Alkaline battery tray, 110V wall charger, 220V adapter, charging cradle, 12V charger, PC programming cable and belt lip with lanyard
- 6W transmit power output (Selectable 6/ 2/ 1 W) | 700mW Loud Audio and Noise Canceling Function for both TX/RX audio | Submersible IPX8 Construction and it floats
- DSC (Digital Selective Calling) ITU-R M.493 Class-H Operation | W2.60’’ x H5.43’’ x D1.50’’ – Round Case Design provides excellent ergonomics
- Built-in Integrated 66 channel WAAS GPS Receiver | 11-hour Operating Time with 1800mAh high capacity Li-ion battery | Easy to Operate Menu System with a large (1.7’’ x 1.7’’) Full-dot matrix display | Selectable Display Mode – Day & Night Mode | Waypoint and Route navigation | Group Monitor Function utilising DSC Group Position Call
- MOB (Man over Board) feature | Water Activated Emergency “WHITE” Strobe Light | Two Scrambler Systems built-in – 4-code CVS2500A & 32-code FVP-42 | Versatile Scanning operation (Dual Watch and Triple Watch) | NOAA Weather Channels with Weather Alert | FM Broadcast Radio Receiver | Micro USB Data jack for PC programming | 3 Year Waterproof Warranty
Additional Info :
5. Cobra MR F45-D Fixed Mount VHF Marine Radio – 25 Watt VHF, Submersible, LCD Display, Noise Cancelling Microphone, NOAA Weather Channels, Signal Strength Meter, Scan Channels, White
- MAXIMUM COVERAGE – This VHF marine radio allows operation of channels in the US, Canada, and internationally at 1 or 25 watts with dual output power for short and long range communication.
- STAY INFORMED – Be the first to know of incoming hazards or changing weather conditions with instant access to 10 NOAA weather channels, 24 hours a day. Weather alerts with an audible tone and visual alarm notify you of threatening weather nearby.
- SAFETY FIRST – Scan channels to find conversations in progress and have instant access to Channel 16 and Channel 9 for emergency situations. Use the Dual Watch feature to monitor two channels at once (Channel 16 and one user selected channel).
- VISUAL DISPLAY – Know the strength of an incoming signal with the Signal Strength Meter shown on the large illuminated LCD display. Navigate the various features of this radio easily with the illuminated function keys.
- DIGITAL SELECTIVE CALLING – Send a distress signal at the touch of a button or exchange position information with other boats, stations, or coast guard. When it comes to safety on the water and in the boat, Cobra has your back.
Additional Info :
6. Retevis RM40 Handheld Marine Radio with GPS,Marine Two-Way Radios,Floating IPX7 Submersible Waterproof,Distress Call,Ship to Shore Radio for Boats
- RM40 Marine radio handheld with GPS function can automatically identify your position；high-precision navigation and positioning; its maximum error does not exceed 100 meters
- DSC system can send SOS signal to others; and then you can wait for help; you need to set the DSC signal in advance; when you are in danger; you can send DSC signal; turn on the GPS; DSC can real-time update the location
- The MOB function record your geographic location; if only you open GPS function;the geographic coordinates will be sent to other ships
- Tri-watch can provide necessary and important information when you have commercial vessels
- NOAA weather alarm can provide real-time weather conditions; which can help you to prepare for the bad weather in advance
- Super waterproof performance; IP67 waterproof; quickly floating on the water surface and flashing alarm after falling into the water; it can prevent immersion in water for 30 minutes within one meter depth of water
- Sturdy and durable; specially designed for harsh environment; strong salt spray resistance and corrosion resistance; can be used at sea for long periods of time
- Long range; can meet the daily use needs; even far-sea operations can ensure communication safety
- Ultra long standby time; 1500mAh battery; supports more than 12 hours standby time; even with frequent use; it can still last for more than 3 hours
- Safety guaranteed; clear sound quality; double/triple watch; can watch the channel 16 while listening to the current channel; the horn will shake the drainage and make the communication clearer
Additional Info :
7. Standard Horizon HX210 HX210 6W Compact Floating Marine Handheld VHF
- Compact Case Design. Water Activated Emergency Strobe light. Oversized full dot matrix display. E20 Easy to Operate Menu System
- 3-year Waterproof Warranty. Floating / Submersible IPX7 Waterproof rating (3.3 feet or 1 meter for 30 minutes). Built in FM Broadcast band receive
- All USA, International and Canadian channels. Selectable 6W / 2.5W / 1W output power. Receive WX and FM radio bands 76MHz to 108MHz
- High resolution dot matrix LCD display. Programmable function keys. Speaker mic Jack.
- High capacity 1850 mAh Li-Ion battery. 3 hour desktop rapid charger. 12VDC and 110VAC charging cables and charging cradle included.
Additional Info :
8. Retevis RA26 Marine Two-Way Radios,Handheld Floating Marine Radio,IPX7 Submersible,Backlit LCD Display, NOAA Weather,Portable Marine Radios for Boats
- Easy to use and comfortable to operate; the keyboard corresponds to the function; setting functions are easier; high/low power is easy to set
- 100% Real floating and IP67 waterproof; even if it drops in 1 meter of water for half an hour; dry it and it can also work well
- The drainage function make the water be removed from the surface of the speaker by vibration; which reduces the phenomenon of no sound caused by water covering
- Weather band is handy; Weather broadcasting can provide you Immediate weather situation when you are at sea
- LCD screen can automatically adjust brightness; good performance 1500 mAh Li-ion battery can provide 11 hours standby time
Additional Info :
9. Uniden UM385 25 Watt Fixed Mount Marine Vhf Radio, Waterproof IPX4 with Triple Watch, Dsc, Emergency/Noaa Weather Alert, All Usa/International/Canadian Marine Channels, Memory Channel Scan, White
- Uniden’s Marine Radios protect you from what lies ahead, as well as getting you out of dicey waters, by informing you the moment a storm starts brewing and transmitting your location should you need help.
- With triple watch features, DSC capabilities, a range of international marine channels and S. A. M. E Weather Alert—the UM385 brings everything you’ll need on the water into one compact design.
- The UM385 rugged handheld mic allows you to transmit easily from the wheel while keeping your focus on the waters ahead.
- Waterproof Radio – Complies with IPX4 waterproof standards, which means the radio is resistant to damage from rain or splashing water.
- DSC (Digital Selective Calling) – Includes Distress Button, Position Send and Request. Gives you the ability to press one button to call for help during an emergency. Full Class D DSC capability. High performance transceiver ensures clear communication and
Additional Info :
10. Bingfu Boat Marine VHF Radio Vehicle Ham Mobile Radio Antenna VHF UHF 136-174MHz 400-520MHz Magnetic Base PL259 Male Antenna for Garmin Uniden Cobra ICOM Standard Horizon Eclipse Marine Two Way Radio
- Frequency Range: VHF 136-174MHz, UHF 400-520MHz; Feature: Strong Magnetic Base Mount; Compatible with: Marine VHF Radio; Amateur Radio; Car Mobile Radio; Ham Radio; FRS GMRS Radio; Two Way Radio; Public Radio Scanner;
- Antenna Cable: 3m / 10 feet RG58/U Cable; Cable Connector: UHF PL259 Male Connector; Accessoried Adapter: SMA Female to UHF SO239 Female Connector Adapter; Antenna Height: 47cm; Weight: 280g; Package List: 1 x Antenna; 1 x SMA Female Connector Adapter (As the Picture Shown)
- Compatible with Marine VHF Two Way Radio: Uniden, Cobra, ICOM, Garmin, Standard Horizon Eclipse Series; Compatible with Amateur Mobile Radio: BTECH, ICOM, Kenwood, Midland, Yaesu, TYT, AnyTone, Radioddity, Cobra, Uniden, President, Galaxy Audio, Pro Trucker, Stryker;
- Compatible with Marine VHF Two-Way Radio: Uniden UM380 UM380BK UM385 UM385BK UM415 UM415BK UM435 UM435BK; Cobra MRF45D MRF57B MRF57W MRF77B MRF77W; Standard Horizon Eclipse Series GX1300 GX1400 GX1400GW GX1400GB GX1600 GX1600B GX1800 GX1800GB GX1800GW GX1800B GX1850 GX1850B GX1850GW GX2000B GX6000; ICOM M330 M330G M506 M605;
- Compatible with Amateur Mobile Radio: BTECH UV-50X2 UV-25X2; ICOM 2300H F6021 A120; Kenwood TM-D710G; Midland MXT275; Yaesu Original FTM-3100R FT-2980R FT-2980; TYT TH-9800 TH-7800; AnyTone AT-5555N AT-588UV AT-6666 AT-D578UV AT-788UV; Radioddity DB25;
Additional Info :
|Color||PL-259 Male Antenna|
Buying Guide for marine two way radios
There are lots of things to consider when buying a marine two way radios. You need to find out what’s best for you and ensure you’re getting the best value for your money.
Here are some tips on how to choose the right marine two way radios for your needs:
- Research different marine two way radios
- Read reviews and compare features
- Check out the warranty and returns policies of different retailers
- Look at the quality of materials and construction
- Check the price against what you need
- How much will it cost to maintain the product
When deciding what marine two way radios to buy, it’s important to consider your needs and the quality of the marine two way radios on offer.
You may need an item for one specific purpose, or you may want to buy something that will last for years and be useful in many different situations.
Think about how often you’ll use the product and how much you can afford to spend on it. If you’re buying a new phone but only have £20 to spend, you might have to opt for a cheaper model than your unlimited budget.
Quality of products on offer
Consider their reputation, reliability, and prices if several companies sell similar marine two way radios. Consider customer reviews and recommendations from friends and family before making your choice. Look at websites such as Which? Trusted Traders or TrustPilot, where people can rate companies anonymously so they can see what others think of them before placing an order with them yourself.
Consider your budget
The important thing to consider when choosing a marine two way radios is how much money you have to spend on it. This can be one of the trickiest parts of the process, as there are many different types of products, each with its price tag attached.
When something costs more than another brand or type of marine two way radios, does it justify the price? If you can find an identical item at a lower cost, consider why it’s cheaper. Is it still a reliable product? Does it have any disadvantages that would outweigh paying less? Sometimes paying less isn’t always better and spending more on a quality product is worth it in the long run.
Brand names are important when choosing a marine two way radios because they indicate that the manufacturer has invested time and money into developing this item and wants people to know about it. This could mean they use higher-quality materials or offer more features than other similar marine two way radios on the market. However, sometimes a brand name can be misleading — companies will often use celebrities or famous people who don’t even know they’re endorsing their marine two way radios! Make sure that you do your research before choosing a brand name over