Socedo Guest Post Guidelines
We are looking for experienced B2B professionals who want to to share knowledge on B2B Marketing and Sales with our community. Specifically, we’re looking for people who can address common B2B marketing challenges such as demand generation, content marketing, lead management, and measuring ROI.
What we need before you write
If you want to write for us, please send us a complete draft with a well-thought headline. We can only accept original content. Please do not send us a post you’ve already published and ask us to consider republishing it on our blog.
Types of posts we will consider:
The Socedo blog delivers actionable content to help B2B marketers and sales professionals excel in their field. Our audience consists of tech savvy B2B marketing and sales professionals. We want content for an advanced B2B marketing audience, not introductory type of content such as “How to Get Started With Social Media”.
Marketing Strategy Posts:
- These kinds of posts lay out the strategies, principles, philosophies, frameworks that should inform day-to-day execution of demand generation activities. They have a point of view and often challenge commonly held beliefs such as “when it comes to content marketing, it’s all about volume”. They pose questions marketers should think about and answer for themselves. These posts aim to persuade and use evidence to back up a point of view (instead of just informative).
- They help marketers make informed decisions ( i.e. how to think about your marketing stack). They can touch on how marketers should structure their team or work with the sales organization. They can teach marketers about why they should utilize a particular channel or set of tools.
- These posts are focused on tips that help marketers achieve quick wins, or master a specific tool or set of tactics. In these posts, be sure to always link to credible resources where people can get more information. This kind of post features specific examples. These are often “lists”, or “how-tos”, or “10 Ideas for….”, or “5 Steps to….”.
We’ll need these specific elements in your article:
- You must submit only original content. A bit of repurposing is understandable, but we look for original ideas.
- Article content should be written in a friendly and professional tone. Keep your tone conversational but professional. Be aware that our blog articles are read by B2B marketers who are busy and need digestible information quickly.
- The length of your article should be at least 1000 – 2000 words. You can include inbound and outbound links. Our editorial team has to right to revise your article.
- If you refer to a study or research that is previously published by others, the source should be properly cited.
- Images and graphics are welcomed as long they contain useful information. (Images should be 240×180 and have photo credit attached)
- Your article should not contain sales motives or business promotion. We want your blog to focus on teaching others, not be an advertisement. Any external links to other products and services should only be mentioned in a natural way to support a particular point in your article.
- We always reserve the right to make edits, change the title and links in your article.
- A short bio that includes:
- Your full name or author name.
- A short description of your job such as “Social Media Guru”
- A clear picture of you that is in JPG or PNG format.
- A description of yourself no more than 200 characters which explains your current occupations or hobbies
- Your social media handles from Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Google+. You can send us all four or just one, your choice.
- Guest authors should have a track record of success, meaning you write and publish original ideas frequently
- You must disclose in the blog post itself and/or to the Engagio blog editor if you or the company you work for has a business relationship, partnership or alliances with any of the persons, companies or product. We reserve the right to edit or delete section of the post or the entirety if any violation occurs.
- It is not the job of Socedo’s blog editor to copy edit your work, so please make sure your final submission follows good writing practice.
How to submit your pitch
Email it to Editorial@socedo.com, your subject line should be “Guest Blog Pitch: [working title]” with a complete draft. We will get back to you in a few days on whether we accept your pitch. Keep in mind it may take longer depending on our workload.
When you’re published
We will send you the URL. We encourage you to promote your post on publish day. This could be on social networks, on your website or sharing through email.
Please keep in mind
Failure to adhere to these guidelines or submit by the due date we assign to you may result in delay or loss of publication position. We reserve the right to determine quality for Socedo’s blog and will reject posts that do not meet our quality standards. Submission of post does not necessarily guarantee publication.
If you have any further questions, please email us at Editorial@socedo.com!